Are you struggling to boost your salon from ordinary to outstanding?
Are you constantly battling to win and retain loyal clients, keep honest, reliable and motivated staff, fill your appointment book and make a profit so that you can have the business and lifestyle you so desire? Owning a successful and thriving salon was never meant to be this hard!
Luckily, there is a way you can still dominate your industry, breakthrough the challenges and position your people for high performance and profits.
Things are tough everywhere at the moment and it is no different in the beauty industry. You’re sick of discovering that your clients are being tempted to try other salons so close to you and not coming back. Your staff are becoming idle, restless, bored and this is having an impact on the feeling in the salon. You don’t want to reduce the hours of your staff, or let them go, as this can make matters worse, but if retail sales don’t improve and the appointment book doesn’t start looking better, something has to happen.
Despite all the work you have put in and the training you have given your staff, nothing is having an impact. Expenses are not going away, suppliers need to be paid, wages, superannuation and rent are all realities of owning a salon, you feel exhausted, overwhelmed, worried, and might even be looking to close your doors.
You know that you shouldn’t be struggling to keep your business going. You offer excellent services and your team is highly trained but you just can’t work out how to show the world how good you really are. Why can’t people see that your salon is different and worth coming back to? That it is better than all the others?
You’ve probably been looking for answers for a while, now. You’ve looked at and employed Salon Coaching programs that focus on salon systems and tools you can use to manage the business. You are already using those and it isn’t making a lot of difference.
There is something missing and you can’t quite put your finger on it…
There’s a gap that isn’t being recognised. That gap is YOU!
Until now no one has ever considered the human element. I’ll let you in on a secret:
- The products you sell do not set you apart.
- The services you provide don’t set you apart.
What sets you apart is the Image you project to your potential and existing clients.
What do I mean by image?
Think of image as the entire customer experience. It’s the way you make them feel; not just about your salon, but also about themselves. You might have the best therapists in town, but if they don’t look and act as though they belong to a top salon, your clients will not come back.
How do I know?
I learnt the hard way. My name is Julie Hyne and I’m an Image Consultant, stylist, presenter, business owner and trainer based in Melbourne. Twenty-five years ago, I began my career in an industry where the way you dressed and presented yourself was the key to professional success. I have also owned and run my own salon.
Over the years I learnt that the success of my business was a direct reflection of the people I had working there. If they were confident, capable, knowledgeable, proud, well presented, and could relate to the client, then business was great.
But if I had staff that arrived late, smelt of cigarettes, didn’t bother wearing makeup, had chipped nail polish or used slang language, things went downhill fast. That’s when I noticed my clients were not coming back or walking right on by.
I didn’t have a light bulb moment. The realisation grew slowly and one day I understood that my customers didn’t just want a service. They wanted an experience. They wanted to believe that we could turn them into the beautiful and stylish person they dreamed of being. To do that, we had to look the part. We had to have the style and presentation and communicate on a level our clients wanted to see and hear.. That is what gave them the desire to come to our salon.
When you walk along the street and you look at a store, deciding whether or not to enter it, you make a judgement based on what you see. You are responding to the image the store is giving out before you even open the door.
Think about the salons that are at the top of your industry. What is the first thing you think of? What is the impression they leave you with? It isn’t their products or services, is it? It’s the way they make you feel. It’s the way their staff treat you. It’s the way they present themselves. That’s what distinguishes them from all the other salons and brings you back again and again.
Those top salons have an image that sells hope and meets the expectations of the client in every way. They have refined their image so that it is part of their brand and part of the customer experience.
How do you create an image that will captivate your customers?
First you have to understand your own salon, and the Image you want to project. What do you want your customers to associate with you and your salon? Style? Quality? Youthfulness? Vibrancy? Results? Affordability?
How do your clients feel when they visit you? Do they sense alignment between your Image, your vision and purpose, your staff, your products and the promises they make? If so then you have a winning recipe for success.
Clients will feel the harmony within your salon and they will respond with loyalty, repeat business and sales. Why? Because they love your brand and what it represents. It shines out from all the other salons. It has that special “something” that they can’t get from anywhere else and that is priceless.
There is no single ‘right’ image that works for every salon or therapist.
Image is not about having the most expensive decor, the glossy brochures, the best-known stylists or the slickest website. You want to create an image that is authentic to your unique personality, vision and goals.
In the beauty business, the right image is about knowing the needs and aspirations of your clients. It’s about making each client-interaction memorable and meaningful. A WOW experience.
Until now, no Salon Coach or Training Program has embraced the impact your image has on your success or been able to teach you the detail of what this is about.
I won’t tell you how to improve your profitability, implement systems, write a procedures manual, have your staff producing over $100 per hour, or what your retailing ratio should be.
I will teach you about image and branding your business and what you need to do to bring the clients back because of the experience you give them. You will see clearly what you need to do to breakthrough the barriers to position your people to become high performers that generate profits for your business.
The Right Credentials
Not only have I been trained extensively in this industry, I have invested in furthering my knowledge and credibility by becoming certified with the Association of Image Consultants International (AICI). I am a board member of the Melbourne Chapter of the AICI. I constantly update my professional knowledge of personal branding issues and apply these methods every day in my business.
I am an adviser to individuals in many industries on how to create their own successful brands and start up businesses in this industry. I know what I am talking about. I have the knowledge but I also have practical, hands on experience as a salon owner. I know what is necessary to make the change, and the success that can follow if you take action.
I will bring you results you can see and measure.
Here’s the bottom line. Image can be developed and polished. It doesn’t cost an arm and a leg to achieve the results you want. It doesn’t take years of trial and error.
In fact, after years of firsthand experience, I have identified the most important factors that are critical for dominating your industry and achieving and elite salon.
All the hard work is already done for you!
This is the personal development and salon success course that will turn your salon from overlooked and under booked into an elite salon that everyone wants.
In just two days you can learn to project the right image and see immediate, far-reaching results in your business or professional practice.
In just two days you will see the changes that you can make to immediately boost your business.
You don’t have to take time off from work – the sessions can be arranged during your free time. Most salons are closed on a Monday; this is a perfect opportunity to invest in your future success.
Here are just a few of the things you will learn during the course:
- What your salon image looks like to your clients
- Managing the entire customer experience and how to create the Wow
- How to build great relationships so that your clients love you and never stray
- How to promote a happy, healthy, professional and positively motivated team that builds your business
- How to increase sales and fill your appointment book using more effective and precise communication
- How to stand out as a leader and be rewarded by your suppliers
- How to secure time out for you when you need it
Business 4 Beauty will teach and empower you to dominate your industry, breakthrough the barriers to position your people for higher performance and profits.
Over 4 modules, my signature iBrand System © will take you through step by step the process to identify your:
- Image: your personal presentation, polish, persuasiveness, physicality and projection
- Impression: Your ability to resonate, win respect, obtain referrals, repeat and loyal clients, and how that equates to rewards
- Impact: Your personal communication style, level of confidence, credibility and your client conversion
- Integrity: How secure, solid, stable are you, and are you star quality and saleable
- Identity: what is your passion, purpose, positioning, place, and priorities
In more detail, these 5 solutions will touch on:
- Where you are at and what your personality style is. Your inner image, inner values, your motivators, attitudes, cultural influences and everything that makes you the person you are today. What makes you tick? What makes you act in certain ways? How do these values impact on your conversation, your actions and relationships with other team members, clients?
- What makes you so special? Are you someone who thrives on knowledge, or on creativity, or compassion? What makes you unique and an asset to your business?
- How well you look the part. In other words, your visual image and how it presents to your staff and your clients. Learn how you can make subtle changes to improve and capitalize on the impressions clients form when they see you not just for the first time, but every time they visit your salon. Is your uniform working for you, or are you just working in a uniform? Is the style and colour right? You will learn which are your best styles and colours, and how to use these to your advantage to project a look that spells out your brand and your promise.
- How serious you are about playing the game! You are in the beauty industry, so everything is being scrutinized: hair, nails, makeup, cleanliness, and accessories if allowed. Nothing should be left to chance if you want to project a professional and outstanding appearance. Good grooming is key.
- How well you communicate. Are you using the right language and tone of voice? How do you sound to your clients? Is it generating repeat business for you or any business at all? Good etiquette and communication can be the bridge between making and breaking a sale.
- How seriously do you take ownership of your role and position in the salon you work in? Are you aware of your environment: is the appearance of your treatment room, your reception desk, waiting room and anywhere your clients visit, consistent and aligned with your brand and image? What can you do to perfect that?
- Awareness of the promises of the products you use. Are they aligned with your core values and brand? Are they aligned with the message you intend to give to your clients?
Don’t just take my word for it. This is what my clients have to say.
“I just wanted to write and thank you for all of the help you have given me over the last five years – it has been life changing and I am so grateful!”
“Last week I applied for another job and the recruiter called me up in the morning asking if I could interview with the client that very same afternoon. Five years ago I would have thought “no way!” But last week I took about 2 seconds to look down and check out what I was wearing and say “yes! That would be fine.” I knew I looked extremely presentable and I absolutely loved the absence of stress around what I was wearing. By the way I got the job – yay!!”
“The experience has been exceptional from start to finish.”
“I was very honored to meet you. There is a charm, poise and confidence about you that I find admirable. Your communication skills, self-expression and self-discipline are impeccable. Spending time with you was inspiring and comfortable.”
“Today being with you I realised that it is all about how we present our self-belief and ourselves.”
How much does it cost?
All it takes is 2 full days of your time or longer for online study and a small investment in your personal development and business to create a whole new future.
- Business 4 Beauty | 4 Module Personal Development – $697 inclusive.
- Business 4 Beauty | Leadership Module – $197 inclusive.
- Salon Image Hourly Consultation $150/ph inclusive.
What you take away:
- Individual image workbook.
- Your Personality insight assessment and 10 page report on your personality style.
- Your Personal gift assessment report identifying your primary, secondary and complimentary character traits that you are gifted with.
- Your personal Style portfolio program.
- Your personal colour guide.
- Personal Style expression result.
- Class exercises on telephone scripting, email etiquette, body language awareness.
- 15 minute phone consultation after each module.
- Final action plan 30 minute phone consultation.
- Certificate of Salon Image Management
Let’s get started!
Don’t be left behind while your competitors take advantage of this course. Make certain that you dominate the industry by demonstrating a clear and distinct image to catch the eye of potential customers and position your people for high performance and profit.
Just one phone call is all it takes to get started. Call me direct at 0433 114 841.
To your New Image!
Business 4 Beauty
PO Box 5147
Frankston South 3199