To help us to better meet your needs we need to get to know you, so we’ll collect information about who you are and how you interact with our website, Business4Beauty.com. There are all sorts of rules involved in keeping and using your details and it’s really important to us that your personal information is respected. So whenever we collect information, we’ll always look after it, and comply with Australia’s Privacy Act.
The following helps to explain what those privacy rules are and how we plan to follow them.
1.0 Whenever we say “we”, “us”, or “our” we mean Business4Beauty.
And anytime we say “you” we are talking about you, the person out there, on Business4Beauty.com, doing what you’re doing. We call our website “Business4Beauty” and whenever we talk about “Business4Beauty” we are referring to Business4Beauty.com.
2.0 How do we collect information?
Usually we’ll just ask you directly. It’s the best way to find out who you are. But we’ll also find out stuff from others. When you use Business4Beauty, our network will automatically generate some information about you. That might sound kind of scary but really it’s not. Here is a list of the kinds of information we collect and how we collect it:
- Information you tell us: When you choose to enter information while on Business4Beauty we receive and hold that information. This includes forms you complete, emails you send or any other contact you make with us about Business4Beauty. For example: Your Business4Beauty log in, Consumer Reviews, Competitions and Polls, Your Cart, Your Friends, other Business4Beauty activities, your Feedback and any other contacts with Business4Beauty.com. There is one important exception – we don’t receive or hold your credit card details. Business4Beauty uses PayPal. This is a PCI DSS certified agency, who receive and process your credit card payments in the Business4Beauty shopping cart. PayPal hosts and manages the payment page, which is secured by its own SSL certificate. Your credit card details are stored by PayPal.
- The Business4Beauty network automatically generates certain types of information when you use Business4Beauty. We receive and hold that information. To do this we mostly use “Cookies” as they help us to keep track of where you go and what you like about Business4Beauty. Cookies are little bits of information that Business4Beauty (and other websites) send to your browser. Your computer can then store that on the system you use to access Business4Beauty. You can disable cookies via your browser preferences (you’ll need to do this yourself as we’re not responsible for your browser). Thing is, if you disable cookies you won’t be able to log-in to Business4Beauty members area and get the most out of the program and other activities that logged-in users can use.
- Information we get from others: Some of our business partners will also give us information about you that we hold on to. For example, information about the fulfilment of any orders you make on Business4Beauty; information from other Telecom companies about you; and information from credit agencies to help us recover and report on money you owe.
3.0 So who gives us permission?
By choosing to use Business4Beauty, you’re telling us you’re happy for us to collect, use and disclose information about you and your use of Business4Beauty for various Business4Beauty related programs. Of course, you don’t have to tell us everything we ask for or anything at all really. But Business4Beauty does work best when we know a bit about you. And sometimes if you don’t give us some of the information we ask for, parts of Businesss4Beauty won’t work at all. But we will always tell you if that is the case.
You can opt out of receiving Business4Beauty communications at any time by clicking on the link in your profile at any time or using the “unsubscribe” option in one of our Business4Beauty comms. We’ll then remove you from the distribution list as quickly as we can.
4.0 Why are we collecting your information?
Our plan is to make it easy for members to access the information as quickly as possible and be able to complete the program without problems. It’s not rocket science. In order to do this, and make Business4Beauty the best it can be, we may use your personal information for different purposes connected with Business4beauty. As an example (but not an exhaustive list) this may include:
- Processing your membership application.
- Processing your order and making sure you get the program.
- Finding out who visits Business4Beauty to check if our advertising is working and find out what parts are most visited.
- Making sure we can offer you more of the products and services that you show interest in.
- Finding out what products, and services are most popular on Business4Beauty and that helps us to provide many of our special Business4Beauty features.
- Keeping you up to date. That means sending emails and other messages about what’s happening on Business4Beauty, special offers, events and the like. Keeping the Business4Beauty Community an up to date and relevant place to be.
- Ensuring our legal rights are protected.
5.0 Who will we tell?
Occasionally we may disclose your information to others, but only for the purposes described in this policy – or for legal reasons. These “others” include (but aren’t limited to): communications network operators; research and/or marketing companies or agencies; credit reference and/or debt collection agencies; advertisers and selected business partners.
Third Party Service Providers: Some of the features and services available on Business4Beauty are provided by third parties employed by us. Things like receiving and processing your credit card payments, assisting with membership enrolments, providing customer service, accessing external programs, helping us with Business4Beauty communications and providing credit assistance. We’ll share any relevant information with these parties, but only so that they can do the job their doing for us. Plus, credit reporters may include credit checks and any defaults in payment relating to Business4Beauty in their databases and share this information with others who wish to conduct credit checks on you.
Business4Beauty Partners: Sometimes we will send special offers or information to our registered Business4Beauty members on behalf of our partners. We don’t share your information with these partners, they simply send communications through us. And remember you can opt out of Business4Beauty communications at any time.
The Law: If we think it is necessary, for example we are concerned about security or fraudulent activity, we can disclose your information to relevant law enforcement authorities, such as the Police. This may also include exchanging information with relevant international agencies.
6.0 How safe is my information?
As safe as we can make it. We make sure all personal information is exchanged via SSL to guard against access by third parties during transmission. We don’t receive and hold your credit card details. Instead we use the experts, PayPal, a PCI DSS certified agency, to receive and process your credit card payments in the Business4Beauty shopping cart. Paypal hosts and manages the payment page, which is secured by its own SSL certificate. Your credit card details are stored by Paypal and only transmitted to the appropriate credit card agency for processing. The first six and last two digits of a credit card may be supplied to retailers to help them manage your order.
7.0 Rights of access
Under the Australian Privacy Act, you have the right to ask to see the information we hold about you. And if you notice that any of your details are incorrect just ask us to correct those for you.
8.0 This doesn’t apply to other websites.
It’s a good idea to check the privacy statement on any website you visit, even those you link to from Business4Beauty.com. We aren’t responsible for the privacy or information collection practices of any websites other than Business4Beauty.com. This includes the websites of Business4Beauty, The Invaluable Series, and Julie Hyne Image Stylist.
9.0 Changes to our Policy
We may update or revise this policy at any time. If so, we’ll just post those changes here, and they’ll take effect as soon as they’re posted. It’s your job to check this policy regularly for any modifications or updates. We’ll assume you’ve done that, and you accept our current policy each time you choose to use Business4Beauty.
We’ll make notes about who you are and what you like to buy, but only to make your Business4Beauty experience better. Occasionally we’ll pass on your information to other people who help us make Business4Beauty better or to protect Business4Beauty and the Business4Beauty community. You have the right to access and correct personal information Business4Beauty holds about you.